Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Case In Point....

So I was just cruising around on MySpace and noticed that J had taken the time to move me down another spot on his top friends list. I couldn't help but instantly IM him about it. He says he lists them in order of people he sees the most, not favorites. Ok whatever. So this is what I said to him:

"I just miss our friendship and I'm trying my hardest to make it strong, and the past couple of days have been nice joking with you and having funny conversations like we used to have... I'm just looking forward to becoming friends like we were and hopefully hang out more. I just miss the friendship aspect of us and I want that to be strong again."

Then he replies with such a cold response:

"Look, the way I see it is just leave it alone, if it happens then cool, I'm getting along with you fine... I don't work hard to make a relationship work, it has to happen."

First off "if it happens then cool" how non-shalant is that? That's like saying, "eh, if we stay friends that's cool, if not oh well." I can really feel the love! Now I find the second bolded part very naive. He specifically told me that he is upset how his friends don't put in any work or effort into their friendship with him. They don't call to see how he is and such so in return he does the same. How does he expect to have something "just happen" the only way that works is if the other people do most of the work... keeping in touch, making plans etc. The funny thing is, I have put myself out there and am doing just that. I keep in touch with him meaning I contact him and I throw out the opportunity to hang out and yet he just doesn't take it from there and beyond that he doesn't even put in any effort towards me period. It has to happen? That makes no sense. Oh well... I ended the conversation saying "maybe sometime between now and the 12th we can hang out, do something fun... with others or just us, I don't care I miss hanging out" and finally I said, before he signed off, "call me sometime bitch."

So there... tag he is it. I have (sorry was interrupted by a phone call...) So yea... dammit, J just called me. Ay yi yi... maybe I'm just overreacting and am still a little sensitive. That probably is the case. The real test for me though is if he starts to take the initiative, calls me or contacts me more often (instead of me always contacting him), asks to hang out or includes me in plans. Regardless of "it has to happen" he can't just expect anyone to give a flying fuck about him if he doesn't at least put forth some sort of effort. J is always up and down, like he would say "I'm bipolar." Maybe this friendship will be worth it, maybe it won't. Time will tell.

No comments: